file Newbie as from today

• launok
  • launok's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #1181 by launok
Newbie as from today was created by launok
Good day,

I have joined in today.  My interests are 2D & 3D art.  I am a 66 year old pensioner from South Africa doing art as a hobby.

I am currently learning Blender with tutoring from my friend Peter.  So far I have done about 3 models with his help and hope to give it away as freebies if the quality is good enough for sharing.

Other software I use(d) are Daz Studio (current) and Bryce (past) and a long time ago VueDEsprit3.1 (past).  Previously many renders was done in Bryce but now mainly using Daz Studio.  Also get tutoring from Peter for Daz Studio.

2D art was mainly for creating scrapbook digital elements with Paint Shop Pro which I had shared on my blog - launok.blogspot.com .  Unfortunately the links to the freebies are no longer available as my account at 4Shared is not working anymore.  I need to create a new account elsewhere to share my freebies.  I have the elements somewhere stored on disks but it will take a long time to retrieve them back.  I am using Affinity now and still learning it with Peter.  Hopefully I will start making scrapbook elements again when I know the program better.  At the moment I make renders for personal use.  I know AmirA who is from South Africa as well.

Thank you for this opportunity to join you all and hope to learn you all better.

Kind regards,

Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Avros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Taking It To The Max
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #1182 by Avros
Replied by Avros on topic Newbie as from today
Hello Laura,
Welcome to DSA. Feel free to ask questions if you need assistance. We have other artist and modellers experienced in various software and painting materials. So, I'm sure they can offer their personal advice to you if asked.
As for posting free items, I used ShareCG in the past and found them to be quite good. Many other creators I have come across still use it today. Renderostity and DAZ 3D can also be researched for free items from time to time. You can also post free items there too. Great for resource collecting as well to build up your own runtime library.
So, welcome to our world and I will be looking forward to see some of your work. Enjoy your stay, and have lots of fun. We often have competitions and/or challenges where we really hope you will join in as it will be a lot of fun.
Regards, Avros (aka: Shane)
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Avros.

More
1 year 9 months ago #1202 by 76Claudia2205
Replied by 76Claudia2205 on topic Newbie as from today
Welcome on board Laura and nice to read about you learning Blender.
Have started with learning Blender myself and it's not that easy. Especially UV unwrapping still leaves me clueless.
Also the clothfilter option doesn't cooperate at all in whatever version I have from Blender.
That's the main thing why I keep tossing it aside. Hope you have more luck then me :)

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds