file Julys Contest ~ Invasion of the Body Snatchers

• Armorbeast
  • Armorbeast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1285 by Armorbeast
Replied by Armorbeast on topic Julys Contest ~ Invasion of the Body Snatchers
I know it's frustrating guys. It's frustrating for me as well. Sometimes sponsors are just late because life takes over. Winners are the same way causing delays by not getting us lists and then not being around or replying when we're trying to communicate... so we pretty much get it from both sides and are more patient about it I guess for that reason. We can't fault the sponsors when the winners are just as lax in getting back to us. That's why I appreciate it when you let me know you're still waiting as we do try our best. I have some people hunting down our Rosity contact as she's beat because she handles most of what she does by herself getting caught up in meetings and such.

So bare with me a bit.

I am pretty sure I know what Margy is missing but you and Dhouck send me private messages to remind me specifically what you are owed. You shouldn't have to remind me but it helps as I don't contact all the sponsors myself but will check back in and see what's going on. Rosity I know is behind and I'm working on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Armorbeast
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1286 by Armorbeast
Remember, I control your fate... and right now I'm doing a pretty bad job of it aren't I :(

More
1 year 6 months ago #1287 by Margy
I've sent you a pm.

• Armorbeast
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1288 by Armorbeast
Replied a bit late as something distracted me. I apologize about that. About your concerns. Gmail sometimes has issues apparently and it seems a lot of emails were sent and in the sent folder but they never arrived to the sponsors. This isn't our fault and it's not their fault nor your fault but we really need to know when you aren't getting your prizes. We are sometimes late because judges are late which has been a problem for years. But, even when they are on time, they often have to wait because winners don't reply. At every point there can be delays which is why we ask you guys to get those lists to us because that speeds things up a bit. But, when we get the lists, they often just list the sponsor rather than the prize wanted from the sponsor so we have to contact the winners again. It's kind of a bother to request you list what you want exactly when most of you have no idea if you'll even win so you don't want to search through the sponsors stores until you've won. Thus, we generally wait because it's something we can't seem to get from people who enter.

Our contact at Rosity does ten jobs so we have to be patient until we can get her attention which sucks but you do eventually get your prizes as long as you let us know as sometimes winners won't tell us so we assume Rosity delivered.

Some sponsors immediately confirm they sent prizes out and it turns out the winner is the one having email problems and keeps telling us they didn't get their prize and the sponsor sends again. When the third time happens, they then provide screen captures and such which then the winner realizes the problem was on their end which sponsors don't appreciate and we get an earful.

So this doesn't just cut one way as yes, sometimes emails aren't received by sponsors and sometimes they take time to deliver, but we have just as many issues with participants not following the rules and requests so that it really is difficult to hold these contests when no one's replying and when we've tried to make things smoother and more efficient, we can only do so much as we rely on you and the sponsors for communication. When you send message after message to a winner, a judge, a sponsor and get no responses... you get frustrated and several times I've considered ending contests altogether like we stopped the POTW and Challenge competitions.

We used to have a lot more fun and people used to reply more. Prizes weren't delivered because sponsors didn't get the message or were away and participants stopped participating. Yet, many of the participants also would not respond until months later and then we would get the "I didn't receive" messages. You've got to do better than that as we don't mind being harassed every few weeks and if more winners reported in, we'd know something happened in regard to sponsors not being notified.

Margy and dhouck are trying to let us know and others like Aqua1955 but many like Aqua let us know months later. If the judging is done in a timely manner and you get your lists to us on time so we don't have to wait, then you answer what exact prizes you want... this generally goes a lot smoother.

I guess if we're going to continue doing contests I'm gonna have to become a ballbuster. I said a few months ago we'd start judging the contests by the end of the first week... well, judges didn't cooperate. I've said to keep checking in then find winners saying they don't even check their messages so we have more delays.

So if you understand what we're dealing with and cooperate, we can make this work better. More participation means more headaches but it also means more sponsorship so you have more prizes available and we can have more winners.

Remember, most sites barely hold any contests if any at all because these things are a huge headache and we hold them every month lol.

So forgive the issues and keep in touch with us. Cooperation and communication of a regular kind will help things run smoother. But don't wait months to tell us there's an issue. Margy tells us practically every time she has issues and she generally does it the same month she wins or definitely by the next month. While it's a headache if everyone's reporting in, we really need to know as we were unaware many of the messages we sent to sponsors didn't show up as Margy is addressing.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1293 by Anwyll
hey Armorbeast I have regularly informed you that I am still waiting for prices from June and July via pm but I have not heard from you anymore.
I have received 2 prizes from the July contest but nothing else yet.

• Armorbeast
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1294 by Armorbeast
Can you reply by pm what your contact info is? That's what's holding up the item from Antfarm and maybe other things. Rosity is just late but went through the pm's and see your contact info isn't in your messages.

Remember, gotta have the contact info so they know where to send it.

One of those communication issues I mentioned.

• Armorbeast
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1295 by Armorbeast
Ok, I found your email in the database and sent to Antfarm.

Let me see if this will fix anything else.

Has anyone else sent prizes you wanted but forgot your contact info? It's always the simple things that get overlooked as I should have caught this from Anwyll. Saw where I sent the info to Antfarm and now I see there was no email lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anwyll

• dhouck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 6 months ago #1299 by dhouck
Still waiting as well on July contest.. have received nothing yet.. Just another heads up.. Thanks

More
1 year 6 months ago #1301 by Anwyll
Hi Armorbeast,
will let you know that I have received the price form the Antfarm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armorbeast

More
1 year 6 months ago #1305 by Margy
And still nothing from Renderosity. 

More
1 year 6 months ago #1308 by Margy
Something new about Renderosity? Still haven't my gift certificate. :(

• Armorbeast
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 6 months ago #1309 by Armorbeast
Received a reply. They said Monday. They are really behind everywhere because of 4th quarter issues and you might have noticed Poser 13 is coming. So, we've not been forgotten :)

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #1310 by Margy
I will let you know on Tuesday if they keep their promise. I doubt it.There will be another excuse for not doing a round about 10 minute job. 
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Margy.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1311 by 76Claudia2205
Replied by 76Claudia2205 on topic Julys Contest ~ Invasion of the Body Snatchers
I'm also still waiting for a $50 GC from Rendo and a GC from Forender ( not sure what amount)

More
1 year 6 months ago #1312 by Margy
I'm positively surprised. The Renderosity gc has arrived. 
Only missing the gc by FoRender.

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds